Feel free to include other resources in the comments, and I will try to incorporate them.
Introductory Django resources
- Django tutorial - This is the starting point, from django project. You also want to have the documentation site on your bookmarks :)
- The Django Book - This is a much deeper intro, but covers version 0.96 (we're at 1.4 now); there is a review in process, to update it, but doesn't seem to have progressed much.
- Django by Example - This is another great resource, although slightly outdated (covers django 1.2). It develops a series of applications (todo list, blog, photo-sharing, forum and calendar).
- Django Djourney - I'm not a big fan of screencasts, but this series is pretty decent; The django project also keeps a list of screencasts.
- Django for the impatient: Building a blog - This is a chapter from a django book, and a decent tutorial. I don't like that it's divided into 10 pages to make you click more, but ...
- The python tutorial - From the python foundation, is a good resource
- A byte of python - is also pretty good
- Think python - is a great free e-book (which you can also buy printed)
- Dive into HTML5 - A great HTML tutorial, focusing on the new features of HTML5
- NCSA's A Beginner's Guise to HTML - This is actually one of the oldest HTML tutorials, and completely outdated; however, it is still a great and short introduction to the basic concepts.